Carmen Fookes, BPharmSenior Editorial Pharmacist
Last updated on Sep 11, 2022
Carmen has over 20 years’ experience in writing research-based guidelines and consumer-focused medical and pharmaceutical articles. She is also a practicing pharmacist and has a special interest in natural health, women’s health, and the gut microbiota. Her work appears on Medicine.com and Drugs.com and she also writes for The Health Media.
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand - Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy
- Aston University, Birmingham, England - Postgraduate Certificate in Psychiatric Pharmacy
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand - Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Registered Pharmacist #16BGES - Pharmacy Council of New Zealand
- IMAC Vaccinator (provisional) - IMAC
- Accreditation in the supply of Oral Contraceptives, Emergency Contraceptives, Sildenafil, Trimethoprim, and Mavyret - Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand
- South Pacific College of Natural Medicine
- Member (6368) of the Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand
- Member of the Australasian Medical Writers’ Association
The Drugs.com editorial team is responsible for creating in-depth articles and to regularly review clinical information provided by various trusted medical publishing partners.